vendor qualification process
Vendors must be qualified prior to being included on bid lists. However,
exceptions may be made in cases when items are of a unique nature, are not
expected to be purchased often, or if time constraints preclude qualification prior to bidding.
- Vendors are evaluated by relying on information supplied by the vendor,
company experience, references, publications, and other sources of information
obtained in the course of doing business. Qualification is based on
the prospective vendor demonstrating: experience in providing material,
equipment, or services that meet company specifications and standards;
financial and operating stability; and the adequacy of its facilities,
organization, and location. Upon qualification vendors are included
on the approved list.
- Supply Chain reviews the submitted data, identifies the company departments
that would be the primary users of the materials or services offered
and obtains their comments, conducts whatever tests or inspections which
may be appropriate to evaluate the qualifications, and determines whether
or not to approve the vendor's request.
- The qualification process may be initiated either by the company (when
it is seeking new vendors) or by the vendor.
- The qualification questionnaire is completed
by the prospective vendor and returned to Supply Chain along with a current
financial statement or tax return. In some cases when a commodity is
involved, sample product(s) may be required. Such questionnaire may
also be tailored to special or specific commodities or services.
- Any vendor may be removed from the list of approved vendors if performance
standards are not met, if there is a repeated lack of interest in bidding,
or when it is demonstrated to be in the best interest of the company.
- Contact us at 1-212-460-3076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.