Moving to a new residential address within the five boroughs of New York or Westchester? Use our secure website to open your account online.
Only residential accounts, where service is provided to a customer for his or her own residence, are allowed to start a new service online. Click here to see your Rights and Responsibilities as a residential customer.
You will need the following information to open an account:
- Service address
- Date that you assume responsibility
- Contact telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- If a social security number is not available, then a driver or non-driver license ID, passport, or alien ID number should be provided.
- If you are unable to provide us with identification, you will need to call 800-752-6633 and speak with a representative.
- Mailing address if you choose to have your bills mailed to a different address other than the service address.
- E-mail address to be added to your account
If service is off at your new address, do not fill out this form. Please call 800-752-6633 to request service.
Call 1-877-779-6943 if you are a non-residential customer and need to start new service.